Where This Teacher Gives to Teachers

Monday, March 9, 2015

Missing Parts

Think Tank Activity

I have talked about doing Daily 5 in my math class. It is a modified version for sure. I always think you should adapt things to work for your classroom. One of the stations I have is Think Tank. At Think Tank, students solve word problems created by me and their classmates, work with numbers, and think about math. One of my students' weaknesses is in solving missing part problems. I decided to create some missing part word problem cards for students to use at Think Tank. I just copied the problems or card stock and laminated the cards. What an easy station! My students enjoy spending time at Think Tank now that I have added and updated some things for them to do. 
 How do you help your students solve those tricky missing part problems?



No comments:

Post a Comment