Where This Teacher Gives to Teachers

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Math Mystery Book

I do Daily 5 Math in my classroom. I have five stations and the students go to one each day after they finish their math work. Here are the stations my kids go to:
  • Math By Myself
  • Partner Math
  • Math Technology
  • Math Reading and Writing
  • Think Tank
Math Reading and Writing is by far the most difficult station to keep updated with engaging and relevant activities. I have math books for kids to read and they can also write their own math problems to match pictures and dominoes. I was starting to run out of ideas. That's when I decided to make a choose your own adventure type math book. The students will solve the problems on each page to figure out what page to go to next.I put each page in a plastic page protector. I kept them in separate pages because the wrong answers lead to dead end pages. It is kind of confusing to explain.
To say that my students loved this book would be an understatement. Students were finally disappointed to NOT be at Math Reading and Writing. I will definitely be making more of these books. They will have Petey the Penguin of course! Get your copy here!Let me know how your kids like this book and any ideas you might have for new story ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment